WE ARE OPEN all year round !
Health Pass Information
Following the last directives of August 13, 2021, La Route du Sel is an unclassified outdoor establishment.
The Health Pass is therefore not compulsory.
We strictly apply the entire health protocol issued since last winter. We scrupulously apply COVID traceability.
In compliance with the prescriptions of the sanitary protocol :
- Wearing the mask
- + 2 meters between participants not from the same family group
- Virucidal treatment of the material used or quarantine
Please note, for walks including a visit to the Rairé mill or the bourrine in Rosalie, the health pass will be required at the entrance to these two sites. On reservation required at 02.51.93.03.40 or online reservation
For any other request, contact us!
Take care of yourself and your loved ones.
The La Route du Sel’s Team.
To join us
From the road
Take the exit D948 Sallertaine. 5min from Challans, 15min from St Jean de Monts, 30min from Noirmoutier, St Gilles Croix de Vie and la Roche/ Yon, 45min from Nantes.
By bus, take the line 171 Sovetours (La Roche sur Yon – Noirmoutier). Stop “4 Moulins Sallertaine”. schedules available here.
Challans train station 5 minutes away.
TER line connecting Saint Gilles Croix de Vie to Nantes.
Nantes airport at 50 minutes from the site.
Free car parking
Free of charge near the reception, three parking lots are at your disposal (church, mayor, city entrance).
Camping car park
Paid parking equipped with toilets and an emptying space, water and electricity.
49 Rue de Verdun
Latitude : 46.85997829
Longitude : -1.95761059
A service adapted to people with disabilities
Any registration for a canoe trip implies for the participant, that he or she is able to submerge and swim 25 metres (or move around in the water with a life jacket), and that there are no medical contraindications.
Minimum age: 3 years old
Practical advice :
Equipment provided (canoe trips):
- Approved safety waistcoats
- Paddles –
- Waterproof cans and bags
Equipment to be provided:
- Comfortable and resistant clothing (bring a jumper and windproof jacket)
- Closed shoes (tennis or basketball)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
– Cameras, cameras, mobile phones, electronic car keys that fall into the water are never covered by our insurance.
Equipment provided (bike rides):
- Standard or electrically assisted bike, with basket and anti-theft device
- Bike helmet (compulsory for children under 12 years of age since 22nd March 2017) and safety vest
Possibility to bring your own bike (for adapted prices, please contact us).
Equipment to be provided :
- Comfortable and resistant clothing adapted to the weather conditions of the day and its changes (avoid loose clothing for the legs)
- Closed shoes
- Sunglasses attachment
- Sun protection
WARNING : La Route du Sel and its guides are insured for Civil Liability.
Each participant has sole control of the bike and its movement and takes full responsibility during the service.
During a walk, the weather can be perceived as a brake for some people. However, at La Route du Sel we believe that each climatic situation offers a unique experience. A frozen, flooded or sunny marshland offers many possibilities. Take advantage of these climatic variations throughout the year. Break the marsh ice in winter, wake up to the flora and fauna of spring, and discover the idyllic landscapes of autumn.