WE ARE OPEN all year long !
La Route du Sel welcomes you every day at 2 pm for the guided tour in canoë. Compulsory booking +33 2 51 93 03 40 or online.
For any other request, please contact us !
La Route du Sel takes some measures regarding the COVID-19 situation:
– Direction of traffic inside the reception in order to limit the flow
– Provision of hydroalcoholic gel and a water point with soap
– Lising of the people welcomed
– Possibility to pay by credit card; if possible contactless
To meet us
By bus, take the line 171 Sovetours (La Roche sur Yon – Noirmoutier). Stop “4 Moulins Sallertaine”. schedules available here.
Challans train station 5 minutes away.
TER line connecting Saint Gilles Croix de Vie to Nantes.
Nantes airport at 50 minutes from the site.
Camping car park
Paid parking equipped with toilets and an emptying space, water and electricity.
49 Rue de Verdun
Latitude : 46.85997829
Longitude : -1.95761059
In the village, you will find the Marais Gourmand restaurant and picnic tables.
A service adapted to people with disabilities
Any registration for a canoe trip implies for the participant, that he or she is able to submerge and swim 25 metres (or move around in the water with a life jacket), and that there are no medical contraindications.
Minimum age: 3 years old
Practical advice :
Equipment provided (canoe trips):
- Approved safety waistcoats
- Paddles –
- Waterproof cans and bags
Equipment to be provided:
- Comfortable and resistant clothing (bring a jumper and windproof jacket)
- Closed shoes (tennis or basketball)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen.
– Cameras, cameras, mobile phones, electronic car keys that fall into the water are never covered by our insurance.
Equipment provided (bike rides):
- Standard or electrically assisted bike, with basket and anti-theft device
- Bike helmet (compulsory for children under 12 years of age since 22nd March 2017) and safety vest
Possibility to bring your own bike (for adapted prices, please contact us).
Equipment to be provided :
- Comfortable and resistant clothing adapted to the weather conditions of the day and its changes (avoid loose clothing for the legs)
- Closed shoes
- Sunglasses attachment
- Sun protection
WARNING : La Route du Sel and its guides are insured for Civil Liability.
Each participant has sole control of the bike and its movement and takes full responsibility during the service.
During a walk, the weather can be perceived as a brake for some people. However, at La Route du Sel we believe that each climatic situation offers a unique experience. A frozen, flooded or sunny marshland offers many possibilities. Take advantage of these climatic variations throughout the year. Break the marsh ice in winter, wake up to the flora and fauna of spring, and discover the idyllic landscapes of autumn.